Saturday, September 4, 2010

lost for words

i find myself at a bit of a loss for something to right about this week.

actually, that's a lie. i was going to talk about the english propensity towards saying really nasty things to people you love, but i got bored half way through and deleted it. maybe down the track when i have more funny examples.

so...how are you? how's the weather? whatchya been up to? seen any good films lately?

man, why did nothing funny happen to me this week? maybe i should lie. nah, i've never been a convincing liar.

tell me a story!

yeah, that'll work!


i wonder, though, if my lack of anecdotes has to do with feeling quite settled into my new english life. too busy feeling self-satisfied to pay attention to what's happening around me.

i wonder if people can tell how bored i am whilst typing...

jeff has just wandered into the room and helpfully suggested that i talk about him. or his party. which actually does suggest a solution to my current problem.

you see, when i've had a few drinks, i like to talk. usually about relationships (mine, yours, whoever happens to be standing near me). i have been known to make people cry. so perhaps i should go downstairs, skull a few, and the words will just flow!

i should at this point note that on monday morning (the day after jeff's birthday party) i woke up not really remembering the last few hours of the party and knowing that i spent some time talking with jeff's sober friend on the couch and having NO recollection of what was said. drunken guilts anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment