Friday, August 27, 2010

work-a-day world

i'll be honest with you, this entry is going to be a short one.

i just got home from my second day of work so i now have that post work haze, which is a pretty relaxed place to be, as it tends to gently push me towards zero-movement activities.

i'm actually a little surprised at how quickly it's all turned around. i had an interview for a temporary position on tuesday and started working on thursday! and i found out this afternoon that i've been short listed for the permanent position that i'm currently filling!

even more surprising though is the sheer horror that people express at me when i tell them that i have to drive for 35 minutes to get to work. honestly, it's the equivalent of telling people you live in noosa and you commute to brisbane every day for work! god bless the english and their inability to understand what distance really means.

it feels pretty good to be back in gainful employment. and best of all, no more guilt when i sit down to watch tv!

that's your lot for this week. xx


2 comments:

  1. Finally figured out how to become your groupie! Very witty and amusing posts. Have often thought of it myself. Thank you for the snapshots of your new experience. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't buy what Jeff and Gareth have said about people in one town being totally different from the next town's people in the UK.

    I don't know what Noosa is, but I used to drive an hour to and from work in college. My old man drives like 2 hours!

    ReplyDelete