Friday, December 31, 2010

end

well my dears, as much as i'd promised to bring you more interesting insights into british life, i have in fact spent all of the last week shut up in my house with horrendous flu, with my english husband being the only british thing to cross my path all week.

but it is the end of the year, so once again people are contemplating the old year, wondering about the new, pretending to make new years resolutions. are you making any? i don't have the attention span to see them through so never bother. there are some things i'd like to achieve this year though, like make a pie from scratch, visit paris, teach my husband how to close cupboard doors. i do feel excited though, at the thought of where 2011 will take us.

after all 2010 was an interesting one, kind of random, but not in an unpleasant way. i've been wondering though, where to next after getting married? chidren you say? yeah, i'm not 100% convinced of that direction. children are cute and all, but (and here's the key) not all the time! i'm not even sure that getting a cat is a good idea!

really, though, the first day of the year is always the nicest, don't you think? full of hope and pontentiall. so here's hoping your new year takes you in a unexpected but not unpleasant direction.

1 comment:

  1. New Years' Day is always great, even with a champagne hangover (which is the more classy of hangovers).

    I want to start writing more, possibly a blawg, in 2011, but first I have to trick my brain into coming up with some original and interesting content. So far all I've got is a bunch of "Don't you hate it when . . .?" and "What's with . . . ?"

    I met my niece this Christmas and she was really the first full-on baby I've ever met. They can't even hold their heads up straight!

    ReplyDelete