Saturday, November 13, 2010

zzzzz....

i'm not really awake. i know typing up my blog would suggest otherwise, but i'm not. i also have the house to myself for most of the weekend. it was said to me this morning as my significant other walked out the door that i could probably achieve a lot, but i fear the call of the playstation may be too strong.

actually, i really need to go coat shopping today. buying warm clothes has always come as something of a challenge to me. jumpers (or sweaters for my more international friends) and coats particularly. i seem to lack the necessary knowledge to know where and what type to buy, so that i end up using a coat during the winter that other people, presumably in the know, say things like "how brave you are to use an autumn coat all winter"! and something i've never understood, are you supposed to by stuff that makes you feel warm outside, or just less cold. because that's what gets me. i buy coats and sweaters and scarves and gloves, but i'm still cold when i go outside! i mean, isn't the whole point of wearing 15 layers to make you feel warm??

rants about warm clothing aside, i'm also embarking on making a christmas cake this weekend. it's my contribution to the family christmas dinner. the baking part of my brain, by which i mean that bit that likes to cook, not any other connotation you wish to make, although if it makes you laugh, feel free, far be it from me to deny you a good chuckle...where was i? oh, yes, so i'm looking forward to it, however it has just occurred to me that this is my first johnston family christmas, so, should i set out to wow and impress, thus earning myself a mountain of admiration and praise? i'm not awake enough to make that decision. ask me again tomorrow

speaking of all things cringle, i'm hoping for a white christmas. i don't think anyone else is but i'll be beside myself if it's snowy on christmas day. there are hints of snow already, not anywhere around here, but just a ways off, like a hint, or mere suggestion. anyway, can you guess what song i'm going to show you??


No comments:

Post a Comment